Full or Part Qualified General Insurance Actuary – Dublin
RSA is one of the world's leading general insurers and a FTSE 100 Company with a heritage dating back over 300 years, and we are proud of it!
Our products are high quality and innovative – just ask our 20 million customers in over 100 countries.
We provide a great service to our customers when they need us most. That’s why we’re always looking at new and innovative ways in which to improve our service for our customers. We set new standards in the industry every day.
Exciting new role within our Retail Pricing Team for a Full or Part Qualified Actuary. We are currently expanding our Retail Pricing Team in Dublin.
The Retail Pricing Team are on an ambitious journey to create the best team we can for our company and our people. That means we are not afraid to challenge the status quo and sometimes do things differently. Most importantly, we believe that great people are the key to our success. This is why we work hard to provide a challenging, but supportive environment to thrive in, both as individuals and as a team.
What is it like to work with us?
We are a team of trainee and qualified actuaries working on personal lines pricing and part of the larger global actuarial community within RSA. We focus on front end pricing with the deployment of technical models, conversion and retention analysis, GLMs, GBMs and rate proposals. We are actively building Radar Live models for deployment. We also participate in the internal RSA Kaggle competitions and advancing the use of R to better actuarial pricing techniques.
We work as one - We are driven to excel through collaboration, inclusion and diversity; embracing the unique strengths and insights everyone brings.
We are prepared for the future - We need to be innovative and tech savvy to stay ahead of the game, that is why all our people are being equipped with skills and capabilities relevant for the future.
Our dynamic and forward-looking plan allows us to develop pricing capability by identifying and implementing new pricing techniques and leading data analytic techniques.
We all own our results - We know what part we play in our company and take real accountability for delivering results.
- You will be working on building and operating actuarial and statistical models to meet business needs and requirements while ensuring methods and assumptions used are appropriate, preparing and presenting reports, forecasts and other outputs and developing machine learning techniques within the team.
- You are motivated, passionate and driven to succeed. You take ownership of your work to make a real difference. When you need to deliver, you stay focused on the outcome you want to achieve and ensure your final product is the best you can make it.
- You have a curious and analytical mind-set. You like to debate and critically challenge the status quo. You don’t mind asking the questions no one else is asking and enjoy getting to the bottom of things.
- You have strong technical skills. You have strong technical actuarial skills and you combine this with a business savviness and a good working knowledge of professional standards and codes
- You are open and informative in your communications. You understand different perspectives and cultures and can navigate through the politics of business. You can tell it how it is both verbally and in writing.
- You love to learn and upskill. You enjoy pioneering new ways of working and don’t mind being taken out of your comfort zone. You are resilient and can adapt in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Analytical degree ideally in actuarial or statistical studies
- Full or Part Qualified Actuary
- 3-5 years’ experience in General Insurance Actuarial Pricing is a advatage
- Experience with SAS or SQL, EMBlem, Radar and R preferred
- Experience building GLMs/GBMs, implementation of technical rates
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.