Business Continuity Manager - Dublin
Exciting new role for an experienced Business Continuity Manager to join our dynamic IT team in Dublin.
This is a unique role as Business Continuity Manager who will be responsible for the creation, development and sustainment of a resilience capability and programme designed to protect RSA Ireland’s most critical business services. The role will also include engagement with RSA Group for the Business Continuity Strategy, Policy and Crisis & Incident Management.
Business Continuity is seen as a key risk area for RSA; it supports RSA’s customer centric strategy as well being a key regulatory focus. It is also a key component in the development of a Cyber Resilience capability and the successful candidate will work closely with the CISO in making RSA more resilient holistically.
The successful candidate will also possess a proven track record that demonstrates subject matter expertise and leadership in Business Continuity as well as more than one of the key resilience disciplines i.e. BCM, Threat Intelligence, Physical Security, Technology Resilience and/or Disaster Recovery in Financial Services.
- An integrated, ‘incident ready’ resilience function that identifies risks to operational continuity, proactively remediates within appetite and/or mitigates through an effective response and recovery.
- Creating and maintaining an appropriate business continuity & resilience governance framework.
- Appropriated and demonstrable oversight of its resilience programme, resilience risk landscape and incident readiness.
- Governance model will have adequate business representation.
- To delivery of a Business Services (Resilience) model and impact tolerance methodology, in line with Regulatory expectations.
- Actively and positively engage with 2nd and 3rd Lines of defence in all matters relating to Business Continuity Resilience assurance and oversight.
- Creation and maintenance of a RSAI Continuity Incident Management Capability; ensuring the RSA is always ‘incident ready’.
- Direct support to the Ireland business in their response to incident and the review and remediation of issues identified post incident.
- The BCM Function maintains a strong business partnership model in the preparation for and response to incidents.
- Establish a Threat Intelligence to enable the early identification, assessment, escalation, reporting and resolution of Operational Resilience risks.
- Operate and maintain a resilience risk management framework, methodologies and independent assurance activities on resilience related activities outside the direct responsibilities of the Business Continuity function.
- Monitor and report on resilience risks against the appropriate risk appetite statements and provide oversight and effective challenge to influence senior management decision-making.
- Robust and independent challenge of risk and control owners helps instil positive risk behaviours and culture.
- Previous experiences in Business Continuity or one of the core components supported by a strong understanding and experience in Risk Management.
- 10 years of experience, preferably in Financial Services
- Ireland based but able to travel within Ireland and UK as necessary
- Recognized Resilience related or Risk certification
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.