Lead Auditor – Dublin
RSA is one of the world's leading general insurers and a FTSE 100 Company with a heritage dating back over 300 years, and we are proud of it!
Our products are high quality and innovative – just ask our 20 million customers in over 100 countries.
We provide a great service to our customers when they need us most. That’s why we’re always looking at new and innovative ways in which to improve our service for our customers. We set new standards in the industry every day.
Do you have “Boundless Ambition” to join a winning FTSE 100 team? Have you got Audit experience?
Does working with a “Best in Class” Audit Team inspire you? If so, then come and join us at RSA Insurance Ireland today!
At RSA we know that our people make the difference and our culture is all about helping you to become ‘Your Best U’. We have a unique opportunity for an Lead Auditor to join our team in Dublin.
Excellent career opportunity to join an Global Audit team based in Dublin.
This role as Lead Auditor will involve delivering audit assignments across all areas to meet business, regional and global standards and
Conducting audits, reporting on areas of risk or weakness, preparing conclusions & recommendations for appropriate actions.
You will work in an environment with regional colleagues to coordinate audit schedules and ensure input from appropriate technical specialists and minimize duplication of work.
Demonstrate broad knowledge of the RSA business and utilize your technical and relationship management skills and to build relationships with the regional business to encourage open discussion of potential issues and to secure commitment to early problem resolution.
- Contribute to the delivery of an internal audit plan identifying the risks and controls to the assignments and promotion of best practice methods and practices for Internal Audit
- Conduct audits to the planned scope, risks and timeline, reporting on the overall position including the aggregate impact of risks or weaknesses exposed, supporting conclusions and recommend appropriate actions
- Accountable for audit file quality and completion
- Making sure delivery milestone dates are clear and communicated to the audit team and stakeholders
- Deliver against the milestone dates
- Manage stakeholder relationships throughout the audit including stakeholder availability and commitments
- Manage co-source member to ensure clear allocation of work and set expectation on output from the work
- Follow-up audit recommendations on a regular basis to prompt action to mitigate relevant risks and/or improve risk managements practice
- Contribute and/or lead ad hoc projects to support the development of the Internal Audit function in line with Group and regional strategy and/or changes in the external market, regulation or best practice
- Build, develop and maintain strong relationships with the regional Audit colleagues
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels
- Accuracy and completeness of audit reviews
- Agreed deadlines met
- Compliance with regulations for internal audit, audit manual and IIA standards
- IA satisfaction with: Quality, timeliness and appropriateness of information and advice provided
- Extent to which current Group risk priorities are reflected in the Audit process and outcomes
- Contribution to establishment of a common worldwide IA culture and standards of practice
- Effectiveness of audit action plans in eliminating and/or mitigating risk management and outcomes of themed reviews
- Well written audit reports with few changes resulting from the QA process.
- ACA or ACCA with 5 year’s PQE
- Previous experiences within Financial Services or Insurances is an advantage
- 10% travel will be required
- Strong stakeholder managements required
- Excellent attention to details necessary
- This role is subject to the Fitness and Probity Standards (“The Standards”), issued under Section 50 of the Central Bank
- Reform Act 2010 and any subsequent amendments. The role holder must ensure they are fully aware of the Standards and in a position to fully comply with them always.
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.