Data Analytics: MI Analyst - Dublin
RSA is one of the world`s leading general insurers and a FTSE 100 Company with a heritage dating back over 300 years, and we are proud of it!
Our products are high quality and innovative – just ask our 20 million customers in over 100 countries.
We provide a great service to our customers when they need us most. That’s why we’re always looking at new and innovative ways in which to improve our service for our customers. We set new standards in the industry every day.
RSA is building an industry leading and best in class Data Analytics function and we are looking to further strengthen our growing team. The Actuarial Analyst will report to the MI Manager. The individual will have strong communication skills backed by solid technical capability. Proven experience successfully producing Data, MI and Business Insights are critical requirements.
The predominant focus of the role is delivery of Data, MI and Insights for Business stakeholders, and you will also interface with the Business ensuring that they have all the Data, MI and Analytics required for them to operate at a best in class level. You will work in a team environment with multiple Business stakeholders and will have personal responsibility for meeting the expectations of internal customers. The individual will also be responsible for demand prioritization and management through to final delivery.
The ideal candidate will be curious, ambitious, hands on and delivery focused. You will have worked previously in a similar role and proven yourself to be a trusted provider to Business stakeholders. You will have had exposure to data capture, processing and usage including for analytics projects. Your analytical approach will be rigorous and your outputs best in class.
- Delivering Data, MI and Business Insights to multiple stakeholders
- Interacting with the business and representing the Data Analytics team
- Working with Developers to select the appropriate methods and tools to produce timely, accurate, insightful and focused MI
- Ensuring service levels to the Business are achieved and maintained and that corrective actions are taken where appropriate
- Defining information and business requirements to ensure insights are best in class
- Gathering business requirements for the creation of automated reports
- Leveraging the capability of the centralised Data Analytics team and associated infrastructure
- Identifying analytics projects and business improvement opportunities
- Building and maintaining relationships with internal customers
- Providing advice, guidance and coaching to less qualified and/or experienced colleagues
- Representing the RSA Data Analytics team to raise Data Analytics knowledge and expertise across the Company
- Prior experience preferred but not required
- Quantitive degree (Actuarial Science, Math’s, Physics, Engineering) with a minimum result of 2.1 strongly preferred
- Excellent analytical skills
- Critical thinker
- Insurance experience an advantage
- Proficiency in programming languages required (VBA, SQL, SAS)
- This role is subject to the Fitness and Probity Standards (“The Standards”), issued under Section 50 of the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 and any subsequent amendments. The role holder must ensure they are fully aware of the Standards and in a position to fully comply with them at all times.
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.