Claims Analyst - Dublin
Excellent new role for an Claims Analyst to join our highly skills Claims department in Dublin. This exciting role will be involves working in a small, technically experienced and critical team where you will work closely with the Head of Claims Insight & Control and the wider Claims Management Team.
This team is responsible for the delivery of a robust and sustainable control environment within Claims, ensuring that Claims are operating in compliance with various applicable Policies and Frameworks such as the Claims Policy, Group Minimum Requirements for Technical Review, Claims Case Reserving Policy and the Claims External Delegated Authority Framework.
You will work closely with other members of the Claims Insight & Control Team as well as the wider Claims Community to ensure clear understanding of the Control, Customer and Operational Performance of the Claims Function.
You will also work with functions external to Claims such as Risk, Regulatory Compliance, Finance. You will need a level of business knowledge and experience which you will continually develop, and you will use your organisational and planning skills to deal with conflicting priorities and demands.
RSA is one of the world`s leading general insurers and a FTSE 100 Company with a heritage dating back over 300 years, and we are proud of it!
Our products are high quality and innovative – just ask our 20 million customers in over 100 countries.
We provide a great service to our customers when they need us most. That’s why we’re always looking at new and innovative ways in which to improve our service for our customers. We set new standards in the industry every day.
- Co-ordinating the oversight and control validation of the Control environment within Claims.
- Responsible for ensuring the Insight Control team and the broader Claims Community is compliant with the Group Claims Policy and its associated supporting Frameworks
- Managing the delivery of the ongoing claims controls operation and reporting process including validation of Claims Control measures and assuring the accuracy of same is in line with relevant Group Policies & Regulatory Requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring the Controls framework remains fit for purpose and is constantly evolving to meet changes in the claims and risk environment and ensuring compliance with Group Policies
- Managing the Controls process documentation ensuring it is kept up to date, accurate and fit for purpose
- Working with FCF, Risk, Regulatory Compliance and Audit ensuring claims supports the three line of defense method of control. Ensuring all actions, remediations post any reviews are completed within the required timeframes
- Preparing reports on a regular or ad hoc basis, within agreed timescales.
- Analysing data and information to identify trends, anomalies, gaps, etc.
- Responsible for tracking issues and actions to conclusion where applicable
- Ensuring information and interpretation is presented clearly, unambiguously and in a readily comprehensible format appropriate for the audience in question
- Contributing and managing the production of communications and presentations for stakeholders where applicable
- Participating in Claims related projects as required and ensuring projects are delivered on time and in line with project scope and definition
- Performance against Team and Personal Objectives
- Compliance with legal, regulatory and policy requirements.
- Quality of interaction and communication with the team and the business.
- Timely delivery of reports and/or data analysis
- Quality and consistency of interpretation and insight provided
- Previous experience a Claims, Underwriting or Compliance environment
- Excellent Stakeholder management both internal & external
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational & data analytical skills
- Intermediate level Excel & PowerPoint
- This role is subject to the Fitness and Probity Standards (“The Standards”), issued under Section 50 of the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 and any subsequent amendments. The role holder must ensure they are fully aware of the Standards and in a position to fully comply with them at all times.
- Awareness and understanding of regulatory requirements for the Claims business is an advantage (e.g. Consumer Protection Code, MCC, Data Protection Act.) Must demonstrate full compliance with all legal requirements and all relevant RSA policies.
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.