Technical Claims & Complex Claims Specialist - Dublin
Excellent career opportunity for an experienced Claims Handler to join our Specialist & Complex team in our Dublin office. This Technical Claims Specialist will be involved in handling large, complex or specialist injury & liability claims using agreed claims processes to achieve settlement and business objectives.
You will spend most of your time reviewing and assessing claims, liaising with customers, internal colleagues and suppliers (Investigators & Solicitors), providing support, advice and guidance and contributing to policy and product development.
You will be mostly desk-based dealing with customers and third parties on a one to one basis, although you will also work with other colleagues and be part of a team. You will have strong communication, negotiation and organisation skills.
RSA is one of the world`s leading general insurers and a FTSE 100 Company with a heritage dating back over 300 years, and we are proud of it!
Our products are high quality and innovative – just ask our 20 million customers in over 100 countries.
We provide a great service to our customers when they need us most. That’s why we’re always looking at new and innovative ways in which to improve our service for our customers. We set new standards in the industry every day.
- Reviewing relevant classes of claims (case by case) and achieving optimum settlement, within designated personal authority level, in line with established standards, procedures and guidance provided.
- Assessing claims against relevant criteria and experience to identify actual or potential issues and involving others as appropriate to minimise leakage and protect the interests of the business.
- Managing customer interactions in an efficient, courteous and timely manner to deliver high standards of customer satisfaction.
- Liaising and co-operating with Reinsurers and/or internal Reinsurance teams as necessary, in order to ensure full and prompt recovery of monies owed to the business.
- Organising and using approved internal and/or external suppliers to ensure repair, replacement and supply of appropriate goods and services to customers.
- Helping and contributing towards the development of less experienced colleagues to raise standards and expertise across the team.
- Leading, contributing to and co-operating with audits and reviews as required to support and enable the maintenance of an effective control environment.
- Providing proactive advice and guidance on the development of new and improved policy wordings to ensure policy documentation reflects claims experience and agreed risk appetite.
- Contributing to the identification of and research into new product and proposition development opportunities to ensure the claims components are feasible and appropriate to the target customer.
- Complete CIP (Certified Insurance Practitioner)
- Internal and external networking experience within the Technical community and beyond.
- In-depth experience of at least one line of business across the full width of customers, propositions and risk scenarios.
- Hold or be progressing toward a recognised qualification in line with the requirements of the Minimum Competency Code for this role (e.g. Grandfathered / APA / CIP / ACII or other recognised qualification)
- This role is a "controlled function" as defined by the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 Regulations 2011. Any appointment will be conditional on the company being satisfied that you meet the requirements as set out in the Fitness & Probity standards issued in this Act. CF5&6.
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.