Financial Reporting Accountant - Dublin
RSA is one of the world's leading general insurers and a FTSE 100 Company with a heritage dating back over 300 years, and we are proud of it!
Our products are high quality and innovative – just ask our 20 million customers in over 100 countries.
We provide a great service to our customers when they need us most. That’s why we’re always looking at new and innovative ways in which to improve our service for our customers. We set new standards in the industry every day.
An excellent career opportunity for Financial Accountant, here at RSA Insurance we are currently expanding our Finance Function in our Dublin office.
These roles involve working as part of a Financial Reporting and Control Centre of Excellence responsible for management and statutory reporting at both Group and local entity level. You will spend your time collecting, analysing, interpreting and reporting on information, predominantly but not exclusively of a financial nature.
You will add value through your ability to deliver robust & accurate monthly results for a business area or areas, balancing conflicting demands and working to tight deadlines. You may lead or work as part of a team and will play a key role in the delivery of a robust Financial Control environment.
- Working as part of the Financial Reporting and Control Centre of Excellence to gather, validate and compile quantitative and qualitative financial information from multiple internal and/or external sources to ensure accuracy and completeness of reporting at both a Group and local entity level
- Interpreting financial information to determine causality, significance, business impact or implications and developing advice or recommendations for action to be approved by others
- Preparing financial statements on a regular or ad hoc basis to meet the needs of internal customers and stakeholders, within agreed timescales
- Ensuring information and interpretation is presented clearly, unambiguously and in a readily comprehensible format appropriate for the audience in question
- Ensuring an appropriate control and compliance environment by participating in end-to-end process controls testing where required, monitoring control KPIs produced by FCF and highlighting issues to the Financial Reporting and Control Manager
- Communicating and liaising with internal finance colleagues (including the Finance Business Partners) and others as necessary in order to check accuracy, give or obtain further information and/or resolve queries
- Contributing to a robust financial close process, ensuring stringent financial control as well as compliance with Group policies and other regulatory requirements
- Adhering to internal service levels which have been agreed for the Centre of Excellence and the services it is providing to customers
- Identifying and suggesting opportunities to add value through improved efficiency or effectiveness and/or enhanced service
- Contributing to projects and initiatives as needed to improve operational efficiency, develop capacity or capability and/or add value for customers
- Leading, motivating and developing new or part qualified members of the team to deliver high quality outputs in the most effective ways while ensuring their personal and professional development
- Delivering to challenging deadlines
- Qualified Accountant ACA, ACCA & CIMA
- 1-2 years post qualification experience
- Previous business experience in a Finance environment.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality analytics to tight deadline & customer expectations
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.