Head of Commercial Lines Pricing – Dublin
Here in RSA Insurance we have a highly skilled Pricing Team to ensure we deliver an outstanding customer experience at every point of contact. We pride ourselves on being an innovative leader in the insurance industry when it comes to what we provide and how we provide it.
Unique career opportunity to lead our Commercial Line Pricing Team in Dublin. This role will be responsible for manages and helps with the day-to-day Commercial Lines Pricing activity, sitting within the Commercial Lines Portfolio and Pricing Department.
The Head of Commercial Lines Pricing will be involved with making rating recommendations, proposing and developing new pricing structures, making changes to rating engines and leading our pricing sophistication agenda across 14 commercial lines classes.
They will also appreciate all aspects of GLMs, other technical pricing techniques, quarterly claims trending analyses and all the associated complexities and aspects of implementing pricing change.
A key feature of this role is communication with and support to the Portfolio Management teams in Dublin and Belfast and other Actuarial Teams within the company.
The pricing team is key to the orderly functioning of our Virtuous Circle. It is responsible for carrying out technical pricing exercises and providing analytical support to Portfolio. The role also requires a level of Group interaction and you will be a member of a number Group wide working parties.
RSA is one of the world's leading FTSE 100 general insurers with a proud heritage dating back over 300 years. We provide high quality, innovative insurance products and services for some 20 million customers in over 100 countries, setting new standards in the industry.
Why are we telling you all this? Well, we’re an ambitious sort of company. And if you’re an ambitious sort of person – with the drive to improve us as you improve yourself – we’ll promise you all the resources and career opportunities you need.
- Lead and assist in the production, interpretation, communication and implementation of pricing recommendations from GLMs and quarterly Claims Trending exercises
- Build, maintain, improve and own all Commercial Lines Pricing models – GLMs, technical relativity exercises, large case pricing
- Deliver technical excellence and constantly improve all aspects associated with pricing sophistication. This includes further improvements to renewal optimisation techniques and leading a strategic project to implement all rating in a single tool
- Develop and implement price testing techniques to better understand and utilise elasticity assumptions/results within models for volumes lines style portfolios
- Build and maintain effective working relationships between Pricing, Portfolio, Actuarial and Underwriting and corresponding teams across the Group
- Be a key contributor to cross functional engagement as part of the Virtuous Circle and Operational Planning
- Lead and contribute towards the development of numeracy of underwriters
- Manage and monitor the Change Control Process for pricing tools. Be EUCA owner for pricing tools and ensure compliance within the team
- Stay up to date on current actuarial market developments and topic
- Fully qualified actuary with a minimum of five years’ experience in the field of general insurance pricing
- Ability to work with underwriters and portfolio managers to agree technical price where data quality is variable, and judgement is required
- Flexibility to price non-standard risks and portfolios, and develop ad-hoc solutions to new pricing challenges
- Ability to lead a small team of actuaries, set objectives that align with the company’s Operational Plan and deliver on the Pricing Plan
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present key pricing results to the wider business (e.g. at Quarterly Portfolio Reviews)
- Ability and proven track record in leading key strategic change
- Strong numeracy skills and understanding of statistical analysis
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.