Commercial Underwriter – Galway
RSA is one of the world's leading general insurers and a FTSE 100 Company with a heritage dating back over 300 years, and we are proud of it!
Our products are high quality and innovative – just ask our 20 million customers in over 100 countries.
We provide a great service to our customers when they need us most. That’s why we’re always looking at new and innovative ways in which to improve our service for our customers. We set new standards in the industry every day.
Excellent career opportunity to join our busy commercial lines underwriting team in Galway.
This Commercial Underwriter will involve underwriting cases within agreed processes and risk appetite, and with senior direction & guidance, to achieve business development and retention targets.
You will spend most of your time delivering underwriting decisions, referring cases outside personal authority limits, supporting more qualified colleagues and contributing to policy wordings and managing customer interactions.
You will be desk-based working within a team and with other colleagues responsible for underwriting risks. You will have strong analytical, relationship management and communication skills.
- Reviewing allocated cases and delivering underwriting decisions, following agreed processes at the designated authority level and with the necessary senior direction and support, to secure profitable business within the agreed risk appetite.
- Identifying non-standard or complex risks and escalating to more qualified colleagues to ensure they are handled appropriately.
- Supporting more qualified colleagues in the handling of non-standard cases in line with established standards, procedures and guidance provided.
- Contributing to the production of new policy wordings or reviews of existing policy wordings to ensure policy documentation is current and accurate.
- Managing customer interactions in an efficient, courteous and timely manner in order to deliver high standards of customer satisfaction
- Contributing to the production of new policy wordings or reviews of existing policy wordings to ensure policy documentation is current and accurate is not applicable to the role
- Reviewing new business cases, where appropriate, and delivering underwriting decisions by following agreed processes at the designated authority level and with the necessary senior direction and support, in order to secure profitable business within the agreed risk appetite.
- APA, CIP, ACII or equivalent insurance qualification
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with a commitment to delivering quality results
- Breadth and depth of experience across a range of businesses, products or types of customer
- Experience of working in claims or actuarial roles
- Customer service experience in financial services industry or other service industry e.g. retail
- To hold or progress towards APA/CIP qualification preferred.
- This role is a "controlled function" as defined by the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 Regulations 2011. Any appointment will be conditional on the company being satisfied that you meet the requirements as set out in the Fitness & Probity standards issued in this Act.
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status