Student Reserving Actuary – Dublin
RSA is one of the world's leading general insurers and a FTSE 100 Company with a heritage dating back over 300 years, and we are proud of it!
We have a long tradition in the Irish market, writing non-life insurance business here since 1721.
We are one of the largest insurers in the Republic of Ireland with an extensive range of Commercial and Personal lines products channelled through a network of insurance brokers, scale partners and via the well-known 123.ie brand, one of the leading direct personal insurance providers.
At RSA we know that people make the difference and our culture is all about bringing the best out in our people ‘Your Best U’ and providing our customers with the best experience possible!
- If you like to
- If you like to shout out and Make things better
- If you are curious
- If you want to be team spirited
- If you strive to keep your commitments
- If you are You and big hearted
Then your journey could start here. Be yourself: Be RSA!
Excellent opportunity to learn first-hand from a best in class actuarial team what it takes to be a general insurance actuary at RSA Insurance Ireland. General insurance is one of the fastest growing actuarial sectors due to the continuous identification of new risks requiring insurance in this growing digital global market e.g. cyber risk, autonomous vehicles, telematics etc
This role will involve providing appropriate actuarial information, advice and services, particularly with respect to reserving, to support and enable effective capital and risk management. You will spend your time conducting detailed actuarial analyses and contributing to business development, management and change activities.
You will work with other actuarial and finance colleagues and information suppliers/customers delivering ‘fit for purpose’ actuarial information, advice and services. You will be one of a small central team of Reserving specialists and will report directly to the Head of Reserving.
You will have strong analytical, communication and relationship management skills. Study support for the Actuarial Exams will be provided.
- Operating reserving models to meet business needs and requirements, ensuring methods and assumptions used are appropriate and consistent with relevant Group/Regional guidelines and reflect material regulatory requirements.
- Conducting detailed actuarial analyses as required, including working with complex or partial data, to produce timely, accurate, insightful and commercially appropriate outputs.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with information suppliers and users/customers to ensure information is ‘fit for purpose’.
- Contributing to corporate transactions and business change activities providing accurate and reliable models and forecasts to support decision making and action planning.
- Data validation to ensure accuracy and reliability
- Preparing and presenting reports, forecasts and other outputs, as required
- Newly Graduated with Actuarial degree qualification (or another numeric subject) or currently an Actuarial Trainee
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office and SAS
- Familiarity with WTW ResQ software would be an advantage
- Strong analytical, communication and relationship management skills.
- Strong numeracy skills and understanding of statistical analysis
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants based on qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.