Business Analyst – Dublin
RSA is one of the world's leading general insurers and a FTSE 100 Company with a heritage dating back over 300 years, and we are proud of it!
Our products are high quality and innovative – just ask our 20 million customers in over 100 countries.
We provide a great service to our customers when they need us most. That’s why we’re always looking at new and innovative ways in which to improve our service for our customers. We set new standards in the industry every day.
Excellent new career opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst to join are growing and dynamics IT team in Dublin.
This job as Business Analyst will be involve working across the Change and IS function and with Business users to identify, understand and assess the detailed business requirements for IT solutions, for business process change and test support.
You will spend most of your time working with users to understand their requirements and then documenting them for use by a range of internal IT colleagues and external suppliers. You will use your communication and analytical skills to enable a full understanding of the business’ current and future IT solution needs.
- Working with business representatives and users, and a variety of colleagues, to identify and understand their detailed business requirements.
- Conducting evaluation of business processes and activities to identify detailed requirements, escalating process issues and improvement opportunities to process improvement colleagues.
- Identifying, producing and reviewing functional specifications for IT applications and infrastructure.
- Participating in joint business and IT design sessions by contributing business and/or systems knowledge to enable tailored IT solutions.
- Supporting the development of business cases for the implementation of new or enhanced IT services and solutions.
- Participating in the testing of IT solutions to ensure they correspond with documented specifications and business requirements.
- Proactively developing and maintaining a current and accurate knowledge of relevant business application solutions to provide effective support to the business.
- Positive impact in terms of understanding business dynamics.
- Satisfaction in terms support to development of IT Solutions.
- Satisfaction in terms of consistency and quality of maintenance and support.
- High quality business requirements/functional specifications that meet the business needs.
- Qualification in Analysis, Lean or Process ideal
- Developing, Supporting & Maintaining IT
- Previous experience of supporting customer group with the development of IS solutions and provision of support.
- Project & Programme Management skills is an advantage
- Experience of developing/designing IS solutions (application/ infrastructure).
- Experience of preparing and delivering business cases.
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.